Image via Pinterest
Happy Sunday lovelies,
Its a rainy day here in the South and I'm trying to get geared up for a week of paint projects and design inspiration. Seems far off at the moment as I haven't touched a thing to prepare.
My angels, the cleaning ladies, come tomorrow. I say a small prayer shortly before they arrive, "please don't fire me this week. I promise to be better next time." So I really need to get motivated and start picking up because I'm so grateful for the clean slate they provide me to get started with this week's hopes and dreams:
1. Gallery wall in master bedroom, before and after photos. Need your thoughts on a diy idea for my sconces.
The finishing touches on our bedroom gallery wall. Will paint a powder blue to match.
2. Finish jazzing up our family's seashell collection for the beach house. Every beach trip we collect seashells and put them in labeled jars to remember them by.
I'm going to top each lid with a favorite fabric remnant and tie to the top with twine for a uniform look. Labels need rework, thinking free hand in pencil.
3. Paint vertical stripes along one wall in the guest bedroom and style and photograph it for you.
4. Mud room make over is almost complete! Before and after coming soon. My handyman is hanging the hooks as I type this.
I don't look anything like this anymore...
5. Father's Day is coming up. The hubs has requested the kids paint a picture of our home or our family cottage on Torch Lake (great idea babe). He suggested using this wonderful painting as a guide. It was my Valentine's Day gift to him from our sweet and talented neighbor, Artist Deborah Pellock. Follow her HERE.
I've got my own ideas for Daddy's gift. It involves a painting something like the one below with lyrics from a favorite song...
"I was made for you"
6. Paint this pedestal to give it some layers. Thank you Reed family for the yard sale reject! He is also an artist. See his work HERE.
Sophia and I picked up a bunch of buttons last week to start embellishing the frames of my inspiration boards. This will be a good craft activity for her and her little friends to help with. I need to round up all the stray buttons I have floating around the house to give it that unique touch.
Before there was Pinterest, there was my design bible. If the entire magazine issue isn't worth saving (a rare occurrence these days), I rip out my favorite images and file them away in this huge three ring binder. I need to finish filing so we can take a deep dive inside here. It is loaded up with crazy INSPIRATION.
And I'm way behind on my research pile. I need to go through again and make sure I haven't missed something fabulous to pin or rip out.
My magazine subscriptions at the moment:
Food and Wine
Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles
Birmingham Home and Garden
House and Home
Garden and Gun
Wall Street Journal's monthly magazine WSJ (fabulous)
C (California's Lifestyle Magazine)
And to think I cut back this year on my mags? I keep forgetting to subscribe to Hour Detroit Magazine. A fabulous publication on everything hip, cool, to do in the Motor City.
Well I better run and get organized for this ambitious week I hope to have. I hope you have one as well! Thanks for tuning in on this rainy day afternoon.